Not all sunglasses are created equal. When choosing sunglasses, it’s important to know what to look for. We have some quick tips to ensure you are getting the best protection.
- Look for a label that says 99-100 UV absorption or UV 400 Avoid sunglasses that simply say “absorbs UV”.
- Polarized lenses help cut glare allowing for crisper vision, but they do not add sun protection.
- Darker lens colors don’t necessarily mean better sun protection, as the UV protectant added to lenses is clear; even gray, green, yellow or rose lenses can offer adequate UV protection
- Sunglasses made from pressed plastic will lead to distorted vision when you look to the right or left; choose sunglasses with optically ground lenses for less distortion
- Larger frames and wraparound styles will shield more UV rays than smaller styles, as will close fitting glasses.
Come on in and see us today. Check out our amazing eyeglass selection and see if you might not want to pick up some great sunglasses as well.